LED lights and CFL / Fluorescent light bulbs are great energy savers and money savers. LED bulbs, in particular, are becoming more affordable every day. Wiretech Company electricians can help you decide which type of bulbs will best fit your unique circumstances and provide you the greatest combination of savings and energy efficiency at a price that makes sense for your budget.
Imagine… no more blown light bulbs at an inconvenient moment! Imagine only having to change your LED light bulb every 20 years! Imagine only having to change that dangerously high 20’ light in your foyer or stairwell every 20-25 years! LED lights have many advantages...
- LED lighting has dropped dramatically in price; a 60-watt-equivalent LED light bulb now sells for as low as $5-10!
- LED light bulbs can last for upwards of 20 or more years!
- LED light bulbs use about 85% less energy while still producing the same amount light!
- LED bulbs do not get hot!
- LED bulbs do not contain dangerous or environmentally harmful chemicals.
What about CFL bulbs?
- CFL / fluorescent light bulbs use about 70% less energy than traditional incandescent bulbs.
- They’re cheaper than LED bulbs and just a little bit more expensive than incandescent bulbs.
But there are three drawbacks to CFL lights. They need to warm up to reach full brightness, they cannot be used with a dimmer switch, and contain mercury, so they are a small environmental hazard if they break and they need special disposal when they burn out.
Don't just take our word for it. Check out these great articles about LED and CFL lighting. These articles cover the pros and cons of both new lighting technologies, how they work, and how much money they can save you.